Hello, and welcome to my web site!
A coordinator for Leave Means Leave in 2018, I have been heavily involved with the Brexit Party since its formation in early 2019,
– I believe in a strong, vibrant, independent, outward-looking Britain.
I firmly believe in this country, and the ability of the people of this country to run it successfully,
– we’re quite capable of looking after our ‘worker’s rights’, and ‘the environment’, without being told ‘what to do and to do it’, by an army of bureaucrats in Brussels,
– and without handing them £14bn of our hard earned cash every year, potentially rising to £19bn from 2021 (our membership fee without a rebate deducted), should we not have exited the Transition Period by then.
We are perfectly capable of operating the fifth largest economy in the world on our own.
If the people running this country are not doing it very well, I want to be able to vote them out, and replace them with new ones. Our EU membership denies us this right.
Leaving the EU is about regaining our sovereignty…. regaining control of our borders, laws, finances, trade policy, territorial waters, and ability to defend ourselves as a nation.
Any ‘Deal’ which does not deliver this, is not a deal worth having.
Boris Johnson’s ‘wonderful new deal’ is actually just a huge ‘Con trick’, and a ‘Bogus Brexit’, for the reasons I outline in https://petedurnell.com/boriss-bogus-brexit-the-truth/
I am also currently chairing a group fighting to prevent Lion Farm Playing Fields from being turned into unnecessary and unwanted ‘posh shops’,
– and in the process causing the demise of the Warley and District Sunday Football League, which has been running since the early ’70s.
The borough of Sandwell has too little green space already,
– we simply can not afford to lose another 19 hectares.
This is clearly a stupid and nonsensical development from every possible perspective, but Sandwell council seems determined to proceed with it,
– please click on the ‘Save Lion Farm Fields’ tab above to find out more.
Follow our campaign to save Lion Farm Playing Fields
– on Twitter: @LoveLionFarm, and Facebook: Save Lion Farm Fields (public group)
My personal contact details are
Mob: 07736 935181
Facebook user: pete.durnell1